Friday, August 7, 2009

No crafts - just new music

My sister and I went to see America in concert tonight at the NBC. Listening to their music reminded me of much simpler and carefree times. And talk about a blast from the past: Someone actually lit up some pakalolo! I remember going to concerts at the NBC and it was so smoky from pakalolo that sometimes you couldn't even see across the arena! Smelling that stuff sure brought back lots of memories. Anyhoo, we had a really good time and America sounded great! Dewey and Gerry still sound like they did back in the 70s. They must live clean lives - no smoking, drinking, or drugs. After the concert, they came out to meet and sign autographs for the fans after the concert. Dewey said that his son lives in Hawaii and his grandson was born here, so he definitely has ties to our State. They're off to Maui tomorrow for a concert there. I hope the weather is good for them. I had such a great time that I needed to put their music on my blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, Im so glad you are enjoying yourself. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!!! Sounds like you had a blast at the concert... Thanks for checking my blog!! the proper layout credit should be given to Amy of athousandsheetsofpaper.blogspot.com... the challenge was to "CASE" her creation for the Club Anya challenge... it was fun making it... the swirls actually overlap eachother but you can't see it because Anya covers it... Sure you may! i'm glad it's an inspiration for you!!! =D Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    Glad to hear that you had a great time at the concert! I like America also! (in fact, I love almost any type of music) When I was in college, I would listen to easy listening type music while studying. America, Carly Simon, Chicago were some of my 70's favorites.
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the concert brought your spirits back up!! OMG, I remember going to those old school concerts with pakalolo filling the air...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your new picture :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!