Our challenge this month was to use stars and stripes on our project. I decided to make a book card based on a tutorial from The Rubber Cafe Design Team. I can't believe how easy it was to make! I didn't want to add too many embellishments on this project- not sure why, but I just wanted to keep it simple. Believe it or not, most of the paper I used were scraps. I used my Copics to color a digital image I got from C.C. Designs back in 2010. Her name is Kiki. Here's the front of the card ...
I did add a little bling - my red, white and blue stick pin - a red heart, a mini white heart and a blue star.
My GF Jenny had given me a couple of jute twine flowers and also shared the tutorial with me. You can find the tutorial here, from The Bug Bytes blog. They are also super easy to make. I thought about putting another flower or a flat-back pearl in the center, but I wanted to show how the flower center looked.
This is the inside of the card. Like I said, I kept it pretty simple. The red base was embossed with stars from a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and I also cut some of the same embossed stars out to stick on the corners of the book. Another twine flower and a SU sentiment are layered on top of the base using pop dots.