Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sister Stamps Release #16 - Day 2 - Turtle Set

Welcome back to day two of the Sister Stamps Release #16! Today's project uses the Turtle set. These three little guys are so so cute! I decided to make a set of 3x3 note cards. Again, super simple cards, not a whole bunch of embellishments. The one thing I forgot when making these kinds of simple cards, was that you really need to be careful when stamping, if you're not adding layers, or extra embellies on it. Believe it or not, I got the placement of the images and the sentiments on the very first try! Whew! I also didn't mess up my coloring so I didn't need to remake the cards. The only embellishing I did was I used Glossy Accents on their shells. Other than that, I just stamped and colored them. So easy!

 
 
 
 

Since I had so much fun with my WRMK Envelope Punch Board, I decided to make some envelopes for these cards as well. The paper isn't exactly vellum, but I'm not sure what it is. I got it from my gf years ago and I'm finally using some of it. I like that you can see the design through the paper again, just like yesterday's card. Something a little different than your normal card set.


I'm really happy with the way these cute little cards turned out! What do you think? I wonder who I'm gonna give them to? Hmmm ... anyway, while I think about that, be sure to check out the DT blogs for some fabulous projects:

Guest DT Kerry: http://kerryischilling.blogspot.com/
Sister Stamps:  http://sisterstamps.blogspot.com/

If you didn't already know, Sister Stamps will be giving away their stamp sets from Release #16 to some lucky winners who watch and comment on my YouTube videos! To watch my Turtle Set video, you can check it out here. Don't forget to comment on the video - YOU might be the lucky winner of this stamp set!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for the last set of adorable sea creatures in this Release!

7 comments:

  1. So SWEET and SIMPLY ADORABLE!!! I'm really lovin' this turtle set, and your three cards are adorable. Love the the idea of using glossy accents on their shells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Linda. I love those turtles. So cute!! TFS... Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turtles are so cute! I love the 3x3 little notecards tucked away in that see-thru envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totaly agree with you Linda...they are indeed very cute and the cards turned out very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and I love the vellum type envelope idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous CAS card and I'm loving the envelopes!!! I just got the envelop marker too, can't wait to try! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful set of cards! I love how you colored the turtles; the turtles' shells really stand out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!