Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Yumi & Fumi Handmade - 1st Birthday Blog Hop!

Guess what time it is!  It's time to celebrate the 1st Birthday of Yumi & Fumi Handmade ("Y&FH")!  So Happy Birthday Yumi & Fumi!  Renate and Leanne have been in this business for a year now (officially) and I would like to wish them continued success in everything they do! 

To celebrate, Y&FH decided to have a Birthday Hop!  If you've been hopping along, you should have come here from Lisa T.'s blog.  If you stopped here by chance, please go back to the beginning of the hop, here.  Renate and Leanne will be giving away some FAB prizes, but in order to win, you must comment on each hopper's blog.  If you get lost along the way, the full list of hoppers will be available at the Y&FH blog here.  So, for this hop, we were to create something using the inspiration photo below:

I'm very happy with the way my card turned out.  I personally would not have chosen to work with these colors, but once I got started, I couldn't stop!  The colors are so vibrant and happy and it made me feel good just looking at the inspiration photo.  So although I was a little hesitant to work with these colors, I now have a new color combo I will definitely be working with again!  I hope you'll feel happy looking at my card below:


There she is, Yumi Peace Sign.  She is very special to me because I won her in one of the first Y&FH's giveaways!  On to the deets of the card ... It's kind of hard to see all the layers in the picture, but believe me, there are quite a few.  The card base was made out of kraft cardstock, then layered with a bright orange piece of thick CS I had in my stash.  I used papers from the Prima Annalee stack and layered them on more "stash" papers.  I used my Nesties to cut out the white circle and the pink scallop circle, colored Yumi with my Copics, cut her out, and popped her up on the circles.  The flowers and leaves were from my stash, along with the flower sticker, flat-back pearls and the white flower trim under the banner.  I used the Epiphany Crafts Pennant 25 punch to make the banner pieces and stamped "HI" using a super old alpha set I had in my stash (yes, I have lots of stuff in my "stash").

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to leave a comment and wish Y&FH a happy birthday!  You might be the winner of some goodies!  Next up on the hop is Shar and you can visit her blog here

Happy 1st Birthday Yumi & Fumi Handmade and here's wishing you many more to come!  Until next time, take care!

24 comments:

  1. Wunderschöne Karte mit Herrlichen Farben und Stempel.
    Liebe Grüsse, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you love and peace..
    Great card,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it!!! I love it and I'm doing cartwheels in my head!! Woo Hoo!! Aw, Linda I can imagine all the beautiful layers and such as you describe everything so well. I know this colors scheme was a HUGE stretch of the imagination, but you pulled it out wonderfully!! Love Yumi Peace, she's just so happy!! hahaha!! Thank you soooo much for being a part of our celebration, it means the world to me.
    Hugs,
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, you'll need to switch Dwight's jersey... lol! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumi Peace is gorgeous in bright pink...OMG, I can't help but smile! You did a great job on the color combo...but you did it, and did it well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stamp and beautiful card! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute card! I love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely image and great card hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. Amazing card! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty - love the bright pink

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card! It make's me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet card. Love her bright pink kimono.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute card! love the pretty pink kimono and all those pretty layers! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card with cute image. awesome coloring

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fab take on the inspiration and lovely coloring. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card! I adore the little earring you added, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card. I love it!!! That pink is great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely lovely! So many great details.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful colors and her kimono looks like silk

    ReplyDelete
  22. so cute! love the earring, such a cute detail...TFS
    hugs sis
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!