Friday, April 6, 2012

BOUNCITY BOUNCE BLOGGITY HOP - DAY 2!

Welcome back to The Pride's "Bouncity Bounce Bloggity Hop" Day 2! Are you having fun? Have you gotten some ideas on homemade gifts? I sure hope so! Remember, Elsa is giving away some cool Scrapping Candy so please make sure you bounce/hop along to all our blogs and leave a comment, to be eligible to win.

You should have arrived from Suzie's den, but if you arrived here by chance, please go back to the beginning, to Elsa's den.

On to my project for Day 2. I decided to make a little Easter basket. I've made this one before and I love it for its simplicity. It's a Gina K. Designs pattern and you can check it out here. I hope you get a chance to make it as I think you'll really like it, and you can use the basket for any occasion. As you can see, I didn't fill my basket with the usual Easter goodies. Instead I filled it up for a crafter! I used Bazzill cardstock for the basket and handle and more scraps for the panels. Do you see cute patootie Daba the bunny? I love him! You can check him out here, at the Sister Stamps blog, and get the story on how he came to be.



For the handle, I used some beautiful trim I got from Karla's etsy store and some pearl trim from Wal-Mart.


Here's a close-up of Daba ... isn't he the sweetest?!? I just love him!!!


Here's a close-up of the flowers in my basket. They are all from another flower company called All Natural Accents. You can check them out here.



I'm gonna be giving away an assortment of these flowers (and some other goodies) to one lucky commenter! In order to be eligible, please let me know what kind of project you would use these flowers on. Make it something creative! The best project will be the winner!

Hope you liked my project for Day 2 - I'm very happy with the way it turned out! Thanks for stopping by and please hop on over to Margaret's den. In case you get lost in the wilderness, here is the line up ...

Elsa - http://www.JustaFewDesigns.blogspot.com
Krystal - http://www.krystalsnight.blogspot.com
Kimi - http://uniquescrappiness.blogspot.com
Sue - http://scrappingsuzieqtt.blogspot.com/
Linda - http://simpleandsassycreations.blogspot.com
Margaret - http://www.auntmargaretdesigns.blogspot.com/
Yvonne "Bon" - http://tootiebeeblebugcreations.blogspot.com/
Stacie - http://www.creativyou.blogspot.com

Hope you all enjoyed yourself hopping along with Just A Few Friends! Have a Blessed Easter and until next time, take care!

20 comments:

  1. Cute Easter basket love all those pretty blooms... Congrats to the winner on their project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. chee hoo!! this is beautiful!! A lovely basket full of gorgeous flowers. Daba is the perfect accessory. hehehe. This is awesome!! Well done!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great basket! and the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this basket Linda! I think I like it best filled with flowers :) Daba is just adorable! Let me see... a special project for the flowers... I have a fascination with hat boxes and so I want to make some mini hat boxes. I have the little paper mache boxes from Michaels which I am going to cover with pretty paper and add twine to make them look like hat boxes and then I thought I would either make or find some small hats to fit inside and they will of course need flowers and ribbons for decoration. I want them to look vintage. I am excited to start this project - I think it would be a cute spring decoration for my mantel :) Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this basket! The flowers are gorgeous! I will have to check out their site for sure! OH MY...so much for not buying anything new! lol Actually I have an antique washboard that I have been wanting to alter but haven't been sure how or what I wanted to do to it but since it will be gracing the wall of my laundry I think flowers...these flowers...would be perfect! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That basket is A-Dorable... I am making spring themed "Twilight" altered box and can totally see those flowers Accenting the Meadow scene im using for the top of the box.... way cute, love mulberry flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is ADORABLE!!! I just wanna kiss that sweet little bunnies face!!!! the flowers are beautiful and I know exactly how I would use them!!!! we are getting married in August and having an outdoor wedding.....I am making tiny head bands for my grand daughters to wear....I could totally see these flowers with some pretty ribbons perched on top of thier precious little heads!!!

    Thanks for sharing this project its sooo cute!! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving this Easter basket. Super cute stamped image. Bunnies are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet Linda! what a fantastic idea... basket full of gorgeous flowers! Daba is too cute! Have a happy Easter! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Easter basket is super! The bunny is so dang cute:) As for the flowers...a co-worker is having a baby soon and we are having a little baby shower for her...I want to make a mini album for her...these flowers would be perfect! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your basket of flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Linda that is such a beautiful basket, love how you added those gorgeous flowers. And this is a pefect image you use too cute. Love flowers you can pretty much you use it for anything. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable little basket and love all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, love the basket, it is soo cute and the flowers makes it look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda...
    Your Basket is just too ADORABLE...BEAUTIFULLY done!! You are so incredibly talented and creative.
    I am redecorating my bathroom. I NEED some spring/summer cheer when I wake in the morning. I would string these flowers all along the edge of my mirror to create a flowery frame for this face that has been so transformed by illness. Not only would it bring spring into my home, but it would bring spring to my step too...A nice way to start and end the day!!
    I am so blessed to have met you and had the opportunity to hop along with you this weekend! I hope that we can continue to create together in the future. Have a very blessed and joyous Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute basket, Linda! I love Daba , too, so rascally like you!

    Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. girly! Love this basket, and the flowers in it..what a great idea. and I like the manner in which your picking your winner!! your full of neat ideas!!! love it love it love it!
    thanks for everything you do, your a blessing.
    xoxox
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice basket!!! I think I will try one.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute basket with Daba! Love the flowers! Hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!