Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No crafts, just dessert

Hey all ~ thanks to everyone who sent me well wishes. I'm feeling much better than yesterday, although I'm still dizzy. At least today I ate two meals.


I bought strawberries this weekend from Costco and they were so sweet! Mmm! Since the container was so big, I decided to freeze half of them. What a dumbo. I took them out of the freezer last night and left them in the fridge so I could eat them today when I got home from work. All I could think about while driving home was fresh strawberries with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. I stopped at Safeway to get the syrup and whipped cream, and noticed they had chocolate sponge cake. Woohoo! Now I'm getting more excited to eat dessert. So I get home, and when I look at the strawberries, they were soft and a little mushy. I guess you can't freeze fresh strawberries, huh? Duh?!?! However, all was not lost - the consistency of the strawberries was sort of like thick, chunky jam. To me this was perfect to layer on top of my sliced sponge cake. Here's how it turned out:




Mmm, it was so delish! It tasted like strawberry chocolate shortcake! Very refreshing and cool, on this warm summer night. Yummy! I have a play date on Sunday, and this is what I'm gonna be taking (along with a healthy pasta salad)! Thanks for visiting and always leaving such nice comments on my blog! Sweet dreams everyone!

18 comments:

  1. Oh Yum, Yum, Yum, can I come to tea, it looks absolutely gorgeous and makes me feel so hungry. Love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! Hoped that refreshing dessert made you feel better. Have fun on your play date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know that you are feeling better Linda:) Your strawberry dessert looks very yummy...and the chocolate topping..yumm-o! I love fresh fruit type desserts in the summer also, so refreshing! Take care and have a great day.
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, had to repost....Glad you are feeling better, hope you stay well so you can play on Sunday with your GFs!! That dessert looks so yummy. Gonna go get me some:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sis, where's mine? While I was cutting all your HB images, you were eating CHOCOLATE w/o me?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH what a TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YIKES WOMAN ... man that looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're feeling better soon too Linda! Thank you for the well wishes. Hmm, methinks a trip on a jet plane to Hawaii would cure my back ache (or make it worse!) I love, love strawberries, cream, chocolate syrup and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy!

    I was away for a few days & didn't know you weren't feeling well but I'm happy to hear that your doing better! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I am glad that you are feeling better. Dessert always makes me feel better :0)! Hope you had fun eating this awesome dessert!
    Hugs,
    Michelle
    P.S. Thanks for my goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to know that you are feeling better!
    Your dessert looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum!! I love strawberries! with the added chocolate.... even more! =)
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wait! I'll be right back, I have to wipe up the drool off my keyboard! Glad that you're feeling better! Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AGH!!! Thats not fair!!! Hahaha!!!
    We went to Foodland this evening and they had the fat free Yoplait yogurt on sale. I got a bunch of them and one of them is Strawberry shortcake!!! They even have cherry cobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! Hope you feel better soon Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh strawberries! tee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dessert looks soooo yummy! I can taste it now! Great combo, strawberry and chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!