Friday, December 2, 2011

'Tis The Season To Hop - Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of the 'Tis The Season to Hop blog hop! Hope you're enjoying the wonderful projects we've all come up with. If you've stumbled upon my blog by chance and want to join the hop, please start at Elsa's blog here. I met Elsa on the Mini Album Scraps ning site and I am so honored that she asked me to be a part of this very special holiday hop! Thanks lady - love you to bits! Anyhoo, if you're hopping, you should've come from Kimi's blog. Kimi is another wonderful lady I met on Mini Album Scraps - please check out the site when you have a chance - it's a wonderful place to be!

On to my project for Day 2. Here's another simple gift card holder. This one is a slider.

The gift card goes in the little pocket which then slides into the sleeve. This one took me a while to figure out the measurements, but I'm very satisfied with the way it turned out!

It lays pretty flat, with just enough dimension to look pretty!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope we've inspired you to create handmade gifts and things for the holiday season! Don't forget to comment on each participating blog to win some fantastic blog candy up for grabs! Please continue hopping on to Margaret's blog here for more holiday cheer! I hope you'll come back tomorrow for another simple project - this time it's not a gift card holder ... hmm - what could it be? See you tomorrow! Aloha, Linda

24 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea! I love this! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. I love the idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute ! :) nice job

    *Nothing but Love*

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your name was Kimmie! ha ha! Love this project- can you teach us sensei?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly would like to give this a try; so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    FlaCrafter

    ReplyDelete
  6. my lovely friend from Hawaii!! I love you to bit also, couldnt of met a lovelier person! I love your projects also..NOTHING simple about your art girly!!! love it love it...
    so glad your hopping with me!
    xoxoxo
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, what a really neat idea!! I love this!! and I agree with Jenny, any chance of a tutorial? Maybe on ustream or youtube? I would be there with exacto knife in hand lol. Can't wait to see what you do tomorrow Linda! Hugs to you my friend Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ur work is great I just found the hop didn't even getonline yest, I hope that doesn't eliminate me, if so I'm still so glad to have found you, ur work is great, nice to meet u, deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, and I want a tutorial too! My niece and nephew get soooo excited when I give them cards, they love when I make them, and every year is a different interactive one...please show how you did it!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I just joined the hop, and this the first time I've seen your blog! Such pretty things you have made! I love the simplicity of your style.
    Many hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love giftcard holders. You did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great gift card holder Linda! I love this technique. Love the music too - I just turned it up and listened for a while :) Thanks for sharing!

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Linda! Great things come in small packages! In this case, the small packaging is great!
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) That would be fun for a gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Cute!...
    Love the idea of creating ur own
    gift card holder!... =)
    TFS!...

    Hugz,
    ღ ∫ℓ∂ηℓttℓ ღ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the added dimension of the pull out on this GC holder! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute project!! Love it! Hugs.. Maggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a clever idea to have a insert to pull out! It adds to the wonderment of what they are going to get! TfS!!! HuGs, Valerie G

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing. I also would like a tutorial on how this is made. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the looks of this one

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I'm always looking for gift-card holder ideas; you've got some beauties! Your gift-card holders in this post and the previous post are gorgeous!
    xoxo Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!