Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My attempt at vintage/shabby chic

This was my first attempt at making a vintage-y tag. At the time I made it I thought it turned out pretty good. Now ... not sure I'm liking it very much. It needs to be a little more dimensional, especially the lace at the bottom. I didn't have gathered lace at the time so I just laid it flat without thinking that I could've stitched it to make gathers. Oh well - not too bad for my first try. 


These are some flowers I made for a monthly swap I'm hosting with some FB friends. I like to call them shabby chic, but not exactly sure they fall in that category.  What do you think?


Close up ~


I'm really happy with the way these flowers turned out! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting - I really appreciate that! I'll be sharing more projects in the coming days (think mini blog hop!) so I hope you'll come back soon! Until next time, take care!

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks fab. Love the tag and the flowers. :) <3 Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda, I think your vintage tag and the flowers are gorgeous! Gotta go shopping for some more trims eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those flowers...they are just divine...still waiting for a tutorial Linda....;) and your vintage tag is too cute...I love it...love the stamped background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tag and those flowers Linda! Absolutely gorgeous! Yes I think the flowers qualify as shabby chic and very vintage! I love the vintage and shabby chic looks but I struggle with creating them. I need someone to give me a step by step tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, I love those flowers, Linda. They are so gorgeous. TFS...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!