Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Pride is Celebrating Valentines - Day 1

Hi everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your week! Wow, can you believe it's already February?!? I can't ... the time is definitely flying by way too fast. I also want to say THANK YOU to all who have been leaving such sweet and wonderful comments for me. I really appreciate you!

Anyhoo, let's get down to business. If you've been following me, you know I'm part of Just A Few Friends' (JAFF) "The Pride". My sister lionesses are Elsa, Krystal, Kimi and Suzie. This month, we decided to have a mini blog hop of sorts. It's gonna be loads of fun and I hope you're able to play along! We will be sharing projects from now through February 14th in hopes of inspiring your inner Cupid. Yes, Valentine's Day will be here before you know it! Trust me, you'll want to visit all of our blogs for some yummy goodness and maybe even a little surprise! So remember, start off at Elsa's blog and continue hopping until you end up here with me.

My first project is a Tim Holtz inspired vintage tag. To me, anything vintage is romantic, and romance is what Valentine's Day is all about, right? The tag is cut from kraft CS using a Sizzix XL die. I stamped images and distressed the tag using TH Distress Ink. Of course the birdcage and bird were cut from the TH Sizzix die. I looked for this die forever and finally found it at a local craft store (had to pay regular price for it!). I added a vintage-y SU brad on top, with mini roses (Photo Craft), and some Maya Road fibers. The pink sweetheart flowers (Photo Craft), lace trim (Fabric Mart) and pearl strand (Wal-Mart) were all from local stores.


Close up of the brad and flowers ~


The ticket sentiment and die are from Whimsy Stamps, stamped in TH Distress Ink again.


I hope you liked Project #1! I had lots of fun making it and as I said in an earlier post, I'm trying to do more vintage-y/shabby chic style projects. So different from what I usually create. Be sure to come back to "hunt" with us (especially on February 5th)!  Until next time, take care!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome tag Linda! Love all the detail work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet little project, so shabby and vintage looking. great job.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Linda! I love everything about it! I am so swamped with work and extracurricular activities lately I have not even begun to think about Valentine's Day and it is sneaking up on me fast! Thank goodness for you ladies giving me lots of inspiration! I am going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tag.. i have been eye balling that birdcage die for ever.. now Im just going to have to go buy it.. thanks Linda !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!