Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Favors and a card

This past Saturday we attended my uncle's 75th birthday party. I was really stumped for a card so I decided to go with an easy asian theme. Here's what I came up with ...


Not too sure why the picture is so bright - the green cardstock wasn't that bright in real life. Anyhoo, this is the stamp I used for the inside ...



See those three cherry blossom flowers? If you guessed there must've been a mistake there, you would be absolutely correct! I hate it when I'm done with a card and all that's left is the sentiment inside and then I make a mistake! And NOW I see that the word "year" is smeared! Aarrgghh!!! At least the flowers covered up the other booboos. Thanks for the flowers Jenny (from Hilo)!

These are the favors we had at the party - delicious mochi filled with (1) red bean paste and (2) sweet potato. So ono! A friend of my aunty packaged all 50 containers with the mochi. All I did was add on the sentiment. *smile*


"Ippe Nihe Debiru" means Thank You in Okinawan. Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be sharing my Christmas tags in the next couple of posts. Until next time, take care!

12 comments:

  1. The card turned out great! Really, if you didn't point out the boo boos, i wouldn't have noticed... Love the favors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is beautiful sister! Thanks for sharing. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey- you used my flower technique! I borrowed it from Duff's show "Ace of Cakes" where they cover up boo boos with flowers and other stuff. :) Glad you could make use of those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I think your card for your Uncle is fabulous and im sure he was thrilled with as much as the choco's. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty card! and the mochi sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card Linda! I do love the asian and simple. you know what I do when I make a boo- boo? I just simply put another layer of CS inside of the card and stamp again...heehee! looks like yummy favors too! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sis! Your card came out really nice! You so funny b/c we wouldn't have noticed that something was "wrong" ... we are our worst critics! LOVE the sentiment and the favors came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card...I would have never noticed that anything was wrong. lol. You are so funny! And, the favors turned out really pretty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about covering up the mistakes. I hate it when the last thing you stamp goes bad! But came out nice with the cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice card for your Uncle. Love the simplicity of it and the green is nice, not too bright! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!