Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tamiko's Thursday Teaser - Sketch & Alter Assignment

Happy Thursday everyone! This week the assignment for Tamiko's was to alter C.C. Designs images and use it on a sketch. We were so lucky to have gotten special permission from Christine of All That Scraps, to alter her images. This was a one-time only altering event, so I definitely wanted to make it extra special. We were able to alter the images by swapping heads and bodies only (which happens to be the only way I know how to alter), no wiping away/drawing in techniques were allowed. We used this sketch, from Taylored Expressions, as our inspiration:

Here's what I came up with ...


I used Halloween Birgitta's head and Rosalie's body. I'm very happy with the way she turned out!

I had to show a close up of the mice border - isn't it cute? My BFF and I saw this border at the Scrapper's Jam last month (thanks Sharon, for showing it to us!). Of course we just HAD to have it, so Kyoko went on the hunt, found it, and GAVE it to me! Thanks Kyoko, you da bomb!


That's it for today - hope you're all enjoying your week thus far ... the weekend is almost here! Please stop by Tamiko's blog for a very special announcement! Thanks for stopping by and until next time, take care!

"The essence of true friendship is to make allowances for another's little lapses." David Storey

13 comments:

  1. your card is very simple but super cute. love all the details especially the mice border! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis! Super cute card! Great take on the sketch. Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great alter on the CC image. Loved how everyone's turned out. this one was a real fun one. love that mouse border too. didn't know what it was until up close. have a good end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute altered image! love the color combo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such an adorable border punch! love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your altered image! I love that mouse border. Great job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! terrific punch! And I love the music! Takes me back a few (plenty)years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute cute! I love what you did and the DPs are so pretty, besides your wonderful coloring! That mice border is so cute, too! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your card and the mouse border. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH yes! That mouse punch is quite adorable! HMMMM, maybe gotta get me one of those for the just in case moment! You did a wonderful job on this assignment . . . such a witchy witch indeed! :) Hope hubby is all bettah! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great alteration Linda! That mouse border punch is kinda creepy, but kewt! hahaha.. Love the colors and you did an amazing job with the sketch. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!