Friday, June 8, 2012

Just A Few Friends - Father's Day Prowl

Hey everyone! Long time no see ... hope you're all doing well. As for The Pride, we have grown! You'll notice four new cubs in the lineup for this month's hop! For June, The Pride is celebrating Father's Day! Please be sure to visit all the dens for lots of Father's Day gift ideas - from simple cards, to utterly breathtaking projects! We're posting our projects early so you all will be motivated to create something special for the DAD in your life!

My dad turned 89 years young this year and if it wasn't for my mom taking such good care of him, we would've lost him a couple of years ago. Thank God he's doing well and so is my mom. So, as is the case with most older men, my dad doesn't want or need anything special. Or so he says. Of course he's always happy with whatever we give him, but what REALLY makes him happy is ... MONEY! Especially when he's getting ready to go to his ultimate vacation spot, Las Vegas! I decided to make a clean and simple card for him and will include his favorite all-time gift in it. 


The sentiment is not what you'd think your typical Father's Day card would say, but I've come to realize that life is definitely too short to live without laughter and enthusiasm in your life!


These next two pictures don't have anything to do with Father's Day, but since I was speaking of laughter, I gotta say that my fur baby Maui surely cracks me up sometimes! I was working on a project on the floor, turned around to grab something, and when I turned back to my project, there he was! Laying on my scoring board! He just wanted attention. Which he immediately got.  :-)


He did the same thing here ... he was laying down on HIS part of the work table (to the right of where he is), and when I got up from MY part of the work table to check something on my computer, he did his stealth move and took over! Totally love my Maui boy!


Thanks for stopping by today! Again, please be sure to visit all the dens and leave everyone some love! You never know when some CANDY will be given away! In case you get lost along with way, here is the line up: 


Again, thanks for visiting and until next time, take care! 




13 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! Love your card, and got a kick out of your cat! My cat, Tuffy, does the same thing, when I'm trying to craft or crochet, or when I'm TRYING to home-school my son! He just HAS to be included in on these things! (0: Have a great weekend! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! What a nice thing for your dad, tell him good luck in Vegas for me! I have two dachshunds that do the same thing...always in everyone's business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Laughter is the best medicine for everything. Hope he likes his gift in it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol awww your kitty is sooo cute!!! wish my cat liked it indoors! hehe... Linda your card is perfect...i just love the clean lines. You and Kat are very similar in your craft...very neat and clean...LOVE IT!!! I want to do this, but I cant stop my self...I'm and embellishing nut! hehehe... Your dad is gonna love it! Good luck in Vegas!! Go HIM!!! So glad your in my life...xoxoxo Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. I hope your dad comes back as a winner of money that is. lol
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda,

    What a lovely card you have created for your very young at heart Daddy...he is going to love it. You are so right with that sentiment I do live each day with laughter and enthusiasm! Couldn't have put it more clearly!! I wish you many more years celebrating Father's Day with your Daddy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your story and you are fortunate to have your dad and mom too. Cherish the moments as you have . And....my cat does the same thing. I think they want to be where we are crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Linda!!! You are absolutely right when you said we could all use some laughter in our lives!! Love how your little Maui took over your space:) My cat did the same to me whenever I played..lol!
    Hugs♥
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card! And your cat is cute...I still want one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaawwww Linda me thinks your Maui boy totally loves you too....how cute is he?? LOVED your card...just gorgeous....ROOOOAAAARRRR my scrappy sister!! {{{hugs}}} Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card Linda! I'll bet it is absolutely perfect for your 89 year young father! Maui is so cute :) Don't they always love to be right in the middle of whatever we are doing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol...my cat does that too! I love your cards they make me want to learn how to do mine better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely card for you dad! so glad he's still here to enjoy the special day! look at that kitty! always lounging on your crafts lol! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!