Friday, June 29, 2012

Sister Stamps Release #8 Blog Hop - Day 2

Hey everyone!  Welcome to Day 2 of the Sister Stamps Release #8 Blog Hop!  Hope you've been enjoying yourselves and getting some ideas from the wonderful projects posted by all these talented ladies!  You should have come here from Kris's blog, but if not, please start at the beginning of the hop here.  I don't want you to miss a thing!  For my project today, I decided to use TAKEO.  I love that he's hanging on to those balloons tied to a bamboo pole ... the details that Denise brings to her images are awesome!  I made this tag holder from a household product that EVERYONE has in their home.  Can you guess?  If you said a toilet paper roll, you'd be correct!  I've been wanting to make a TP mini album for a while now, but never got around to it.  I thought I'd make a tag holder to see how easy it was to smash the TP roll and get it super flat so I could cover it.  It was super simple and now I'm definitely gonna make a TP mini in the hopefully near future.  Anyone up for a challenge?  Heehee!  I need to finish my paper bag mini album first. 


The paper I used to cover the TP roll and the front of the tag is from the Serenity line by Bo Bunny.  I colored TAKEO with my Copics, added some Glossy Accents to the balloons, used some mini sakura flowers that I got from Jenny and the pearl centers were from my stash.  The black Chinese trim was a RAK from my YT buddy Rina, the ribbon pull on the tag is from Webster's Pages, and the laser cut HB sentiment was also from Jenny. She teaches classes at Island Scrapbooking on the Big Island and they also have a website so check them out.  I also did another video for this project.  AND, just in case you were wondering, I'll be doing videos for my next two projects.  Yipee!  LOL!

 

Thanks for stopping by today and leaving comments for me.  I love reading them and I appreciate them all!  Your next stop on the hop is Cami.  If for some reason you are not linked to her Day 2 project, please go to Jenny's blog here.  That's it for Day 2 - I'll see you again tomorrow with another Sister Stamps project!  Until then, take care. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm loving the videos! Gotta try this TP idea - looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome video Linda and another awesome creation. I have to try this idea. Who knew you could dress up a TP holder. hahaha! Great idea and great share.
    Happy Aloha Friday!
    *;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this tip on up-cycling TP holders. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! It never occured to me to use toilet paper rolls this way! The stamp really dresses it up (teehee) . . . oh, and I forgot to mention yesterday ~ your taste in men is awesome ~ love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luvn your videos Linda! Man, I really gotta try and recycle toilet paper rolls . . . we use a lot here in my house, I could probably make a million tag holders lol! :) Can't wait to see tomorrows vid! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great video! really? tp rolls?? that's so awesome!! cant wait to see what you make for tomorrow! have a great weekend! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the videos! Keep up the great work! Wish I lived on the Big Island to take classes... Maybe someday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute. Love the video, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and creative tag! Good job on the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat tag holder, Linda! Who'd ever think something this cute could be made from a recycled tp roll! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never would've guessed you made this from a TP roll! This is awesome, Linda! Love the colors and trims, and of course, Takeo is so happy to be celebrating along with everyone else! You're the video queen!

    Huggies,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!