Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sister Stamps Release #8 Blog Hop - Day 3

Hey everyone!  Hope you all are enjoying the hop so far!  I just want to say THANK YOU to Jenny for asking me to join her and her fabulous designers for this very special release.  Means the world to me Jenny! 

So for today's project, I used MIYOKO, Little Miss Cupcake.  Isn't she super sweet?  AND, if you've been hopping along with us, you know the little tip that Jenny shared with us about why Denise drew Miyoko this way!  Very clever indeed!  Anyhoo, I decided to alter a plastic jar.  These jars are from Making Memories, come in a set of six, and they're called Scrapbook Embellishment Storage Jars.  The day I found these jars was the same day Jenny bought a similar jar at a rubber stamp expo we were at.  She showed me the jar and we both thought it would make great little gifts.  So as soon as I saw these jars, I HAD to get them!

I colored Miyoko with my Copics (Jenny, please teach me how to color hair!), CUT her out, and mounted her onto a lacy scallop circle.  I added some pink and brown dew drops to fill up the empty space around her.


I wrapped the lid with some lace and pearl trim I got at Wal-Mart, and added some pink baby roses.  Around the jar I layered a piece of pink cardstock, more lace I got at Wal-Mart, some ribbon with cupcakes printed on it, and some flat-back pearl trim.  Maybe you'll be able to see the jar a little better in the video. 




Well folks, we're almost there!  July 1st is tomorrow and you can finally get your hands on these fabulous stamps!  We still have one more day to hop, so for now, head on over to Cami's blog for some yummy goodness that she has created for you.  If for some reason she doesn't link up to Day 3, please go to Jenny's blog here.  Hope you're able to come back tomorrow for our final projects and the official start for Sister Stamps Release #8!  Thanks again for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments!  I love getting them and reading them all!

10 comments:

  1. I just adore this! She's so sweet! Get it... I'm in heaven seeing all the fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute alteration Linda! This is so girly and especially cute with Miyoko as the center piece. You're on a roll! Another terrific video too.
    BTW, lovin' the new eye candy on your side bar. (hehehe) See you tomorrow!
    *;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure know how to use trim girl! I'm still a rookie, so I think you need to be my trim sensei. Love the cupcake ribbon?! I stopped buying printed ribbon only because I don't know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh such cute jars!! love the ribbon and lace you used! adorable project Linda! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! I love jars! I have all my embellishments in them. Love how you prettied it up, gorgeous!!! Miyoko looks so kawaii, you colored her up gorgeously!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great video Linda! I won't even try to attempt making one . . . looks to complicated and time consuming.

    Great project and your trimming is fabulous . . . see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute project! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such a pretty decorated bottle! Miyoko's my fave of this release, and she looks so adorable on this mini bottle with all the girly flowers and pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang it Linda, this altered bottle is so pretty! I love how you decorated it with all the lace and pearl trims and that cupcake ribbon. Isn't Miyoko a cutie-pie! She will be used for many occasions and even for a treat bag! Love, love, love this! Lets make this when we craft again!

    xoxo,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!