Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Whether you are planning to spend this day with your significant other, child, extended family, or friends, may you all be blessed with much LOVE!  Here is a simple wall hanging I made after being inspired by a Ustream class taught by Becky of Scrap-Tastic! Check out her store - she's got tons of craft supplies at awesome prices, and she has a Ustream class most every Sunday afternoon (evening if you're on the mainland). Like her Facebook page here for more info. 

For my project I wanted it to look romantic and serene.  The paper, scallop edge sticker, and sentiment tags are from Webster's Pages, most of the flowers and all of the leaves are from a LSS, the tulle is from Wal-Mart and the pearl trim is from Karlas001's etsy store. You can't really tell, but I edged all the tickets and the entire hanging with Distress Ink in Gathered Twigs.

 
 
 



As I look at the flowers now, I should have added a light mist of glitter to make them sparkle a bit. I think I'll do that. Other than that, I'm happy with the way my first wall hanging came out. Thanks for stopping by today and hope you'll be back soon! Until next time, take care, be safe and SMILE! 

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh Linda, awesome wall hanging. This would make a great gift and I sure love the flowers and pearls. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, Love your walling hanging...Just beautiful. Love all those flowers!! xx Kimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I love the softness of your project Linda. You did a great job in creating a romantic hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day Linda!! O this is really pretty and very romantic. You did a very nice job on capturing romance and shabby chic her hon. Gorgeous!!
    Enjoy your Valentine's day!!
    Hugs,
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. <3 this. Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day. <3 Bells

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Linda. Great job. Have a great Valentines day too. TFS... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day, Linda! Love your wall hanging with all the lovely flowers! It is so soft, romantic and pretty! Have a beautiful day!

    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the hanger part of your wall hanging, with the sheer fabric and pearl stands! the whole project looks beautiful and I love the flowers!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your wall hanging! very elegant! good to see you crafting and blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is so beautiful Linda! Very soft and elegant! Would love to hang this on my wall!
    Please take a minute to stop by my blog and pick up a special award!
    Have a fabulous weekend! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. so fancy!!! i likey very much! this is great for the daily reminder to be thankful for all we have!! =)

    i have something for you on my blog! stop by when you get a chance!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Linda~
    Thanks for hopping by and finally being a follower...I'm glad you are back in blog land...
    Can't wait to see all your inspiring crafting that you do too... love that wall thingy you made... that is unique....
    Let's keep in touch...
    Thanks blogging buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda - I left a blog award for you to pick up on my site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!