Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Resin Flowers

Hi everyone - hope you're having a good week so far. I made a batch of resin flowers using Ice Resin from Art Beads. You can find it here. I also used molds that I purchased from Mold Muse on Etsy. They are here. For the color, I used Adirondack alcohol ink and I also mixed some glitter in. Most of the flowers are roses, but there are also two sakura flowers. Did I say cherry blossoms on my video? Either way, they are the same flowers. 

The side view of the rose - not too high.


Top view of the rose.


Super close up of the rose - can you see the glitter?


Side view of the sakura/cherry blossom.


Top view of the sakura/cherry blossoms.


These are super easy to make and this particular type of resin doesn't have an odor. I've been trying my best to hold off on purchasing any more molds for my deco den "habit", but I think I'm gonna cave. I have several in my Etsy cart just waiting to be bought! For those molds, I'm gonna be venturing into the world of CLAY! Oh my goodness ... until next time, take care and stay healthy!

9 comments:

  1. wow linda, these are soooo pretty!! love the glitter and the cherry blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho Linda, you are so talented. These are really pretty. Love the glitters too. Are you gonna put them on your cards? I think they would look great. TFS and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome flowers, Linda. They are so pretty. Love them. TFS... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, you are so talented! you are inspiring me to try new stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love these resin flowers Linda! Looks hard to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! Wow, these are gorgeous! oooh...enabling, enabling, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flowers!!! So sparkly! One of my favorite colors. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are Gorgeous! so detailed and beautiful! Thanks for the blog award and shout out! It is really appreciated!
    love ya girl, Suzie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!