Saturday, September 25, 2010

I have to laugh ...

every time I see this card ~



I don't know why, but I decided to look back at some of my old blog posts. Have you ever done that? Well, this card is the very first one I posted and I can't believe I did that! In case you don't know the story behind this card, here's a quick and dirty version: I wanted to make a really special card for my BFF, Kyoko. After days of searching magazines and websites for a layout, I had info overload and couldn't think. So I got this epoxy "FRIEND" sticker and stuck it on a plain card. Hahahahahah! I still remember the look on Kyoko's face when she opened the card and boy did we laugh! And like I said, I still laugh every time I see or think about this card.

I've come a long way in my card making and crafting and that's thanks to my BFF and many other sweet ladies who have taken the time to comment on my blog and keep me inspired by their creations.

If you have a moment or two, go back to your first blog posts and check out YOUR creations and see how far you all have come. Maybe you'll laugh, or even scream, at your first creations you shared with all of us. Either way, I hope it'll bring you a little happiness. Take care everyone and much love to you all.

"Kind words are never wasted. Like scattered seeds, they spring up in unexpected places." E. M. Bounds

9 comments:

  1. your card is cute :)! love that epoxy sticker. hope you're having a great weekend so far! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello BFF! I WILL CHERISH THIS CARD FOREVER! Every time we talk about it we crack up ... it's definitely a CLASSIC! Man, look at how far you have come ... AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nice to see you've come a long way! i'm glad we have blogging to give everyone motivation to keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you sure did Linda!!! Awesome job!!! I wish I could be the same way.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, it's the thought that counts & friends luv ya no matter what! I can just picture the look on her face!!!

    I look at my old posts too every now & again & look at those first cards & think...boy Thank God I've come a LONG way in my creativity. It is funny to look back Linda! Thanks for the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story Linda! :) You've come a long way, but I think we still can appreciate where we started from. It's wonderful to be able to stop at someone's blog for inspiration. That's what makes this world wonderful. And you get to meet wonderful people like you.
    I'll have to check out my first post to remind me of where I started and where I am going. MFS!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, it's a cute story behind the card. Also, it's a cute towel behind that card too, lol
    How fun and special that a card can bring you so much memories. Don't you feel proud of yourself that now you have all kind of ideas on what to put on your creations with no time?!
    Keep it up and keep those creations coming :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice story! I like to visit blogs that inspire me. Love my blogs because through them I share my crafty project and have met wonderful friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it! It's the thought that counts, right?! I did not have a blog when I first started making cards....thank goodness! My poor, poor recipients! They probably felt sorry for me...miss no-talent! LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!