Monday, September 27, 2010

Karber Challenge #7

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had as wonderful a weekend as I did! I try to make the most of every minute of the weekend because it always manages to go by so quickly. Don't you agree? Well, on Saturday I spent the day with a very good friend to celebrate her birthday. Cami and I spent the day talking, shopping, eating, shopping, talking, laughing, etc. You get the idea. We had a grand time!

On Sunday, we finally got our fur baby! We adopted him from the shelter my son is volunteering at. He's a domestic short haired cat named Maui. He's so cute and I would have shared a picture of him, but he's very camera shy at the moment and is still getting acquainted with us and his new home. I'll definitely post pics when he's ready.

Enough about my weekend. It's time for Karber Challenge #7! This week's challenge: Hobbies and Leisure! Wowza! How perfect is this challenge for all of us crafters?!? I know you all can relate, so please hop on over to the Karber Shoppe, pick up a digi or two and enter this challenge!

My first card is made with "Shopping Stephanie". And what is she doing? Our favorite hobby - shopping!

I love this sentiment!


For my second card I used "Reader Leslie". She loves the TWILIGHT saga as much as I do! She's reading her favorite book of the series, ECLIPSE ...

And this sentiment reflects my feelings when I'm reading ECLIPSE! Heehee!


The reason I made two cards this week, is because I felt my first card wasn't my best work. The flowers were too big for the image I used, and kinda overpowered the image. I am much happier with my second card - it's more balanced than the first. Know what I mean?

Anyway, some great news from KARBER! Karla and Berenice are having a DT call! Click here for all the details, and good luck to you should you decide to apply!

Thanks for reading this long post and hope you all have a great week! Until next time, take care.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." Mother Teresa

11 comments:

  1. Hi sister! So glad you had a great weekend. I can't wait to see the little cat pictures. I LOVE both cards. They are beautiful, the sentiments are very nice too. Have a great week! Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, wow two fabulous cards, love them both the embellishments on both are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these cards are cute Linda!! Glad to know you had a great time with Cami. She is such a sweet lady :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Linda!! I love the softness of the first one and the fun look of the second one. That little girl is my favorite, not sure why. But she is.
    Glad you and Cami had a great weekend and congrats on the new addition to your home. Happy Monday!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic, Linda! Great you girls had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your card is definitely making me want to go shopping! congrats on your fur baby! can't wait to see pictures! i would love to volunteer at a shelter too, but my hubby is afraid i would bring home more animals...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh!!! Two BEAUTIFUL cards! I love them both! And I especially love the shopping one .. hehe .. yes, who doesn't love shopping, especially for craft items right?! ;) Lovely work!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad I've now found yours as well! :)

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute cards! love what you did with both of them. where did you get those sentiments? I do love them both. sounds like you ladies did a lot of shopping and had tons of fun! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What fabulous cards. Love all of the details involved. Love seeing how you got your mojo back. Can't wait to see pics of your fur baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Linda!
    I love both of your cards, the sentiments are really great, too.

    So cute and such different styles, you're so versatile!Great crafter!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your cards are so cute girl!! What are you talking about... you are really just too hard on yourself!! I love the sentiments you used to perfectly match each card... I see she is reading Eclipse! Aww, too bad you weren't here when I got to meet Taylor's family.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!