Monday, May 11, 2009

MIA

Happy Monday everyone! Again, sorry I've been MIA lately. I'm finally feeling better, especially since that blasted VOG is finally leaving us! Yipee! I hope all the mommies in Blogland had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I sure did!

My sister and I celebrated Mother's Day early, with our Mom and Dad on Saturday night. Our folks are usually very healthy eaters, but on special occasions, they like to treat themselves to some not so healthy food. Since it was Mother's Day, Mom got to pick our dinner. Can you believe she chose KFC w/mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits? And being the healthy Mom that she is, she had to get some of the new Kentucky Grilled Chicken too! LOL! That's our Mom! We also had a nice spinach salad (from Costco) and of course, rice. Dessert wasn't anything fancy - just some apple pie and Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. After dinner, we played our favorite card game, Tripoly.

I was going to buy my Mom and sister some flowers and candy for Mother's Day, but I know them too well and I would've gotten scolding if I spent money on that. So instead, I made both of them the same card. The flower pot card! Here's what it looked like:


It was very simple to make! I got the idea from Stephanie Luman on the SCS site, and I also saw Dawn Griffith's video tutorial. If you haven't made one of these yet, you should try it!

This last picture is what my hubs and son brought me last night for dessert for Mother's Day. Talk about a delicious chocolate sundae!!! Can you say YUM-O!!! It was from Cold Stone Creamery - chocolate ice cream, mixed with brownie pieces, chocolate syrup, mini chocolate chips, and served in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl covered with candy sprinkles! Obviously I'm not as healthy as my Mom! LOL!

Well, hope you all had a great weekend. Let's all have a wonderful week, take care of yourselves, be kind to each other, and stay safe. Until next time, Aloha ...

3 comments:

  1. aww great picture of your sister and mom....mom's are definitely priceless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Picture!! That chocolate looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sis! Looks like you guys had FUN on your early Mother's Day celebration! Your flower pot card is sooo cute and I'm sure they loved it! That Coldstone treat looks YUMMY!!! See you at work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!