Saturday, August 21, 2010

Island Girls Summer Social #2

What an awesome day! I had so much fun at the Island Girls Summer Social #2, organized by Teri of Big Ideas From A Little Girl. I know she's been working her butt off for this gathering and I want to thank her for doing such a great job!

One of the fun things we did today was a card contest and all of the cards received are going to be donated to a local charity. Such a great idea! Since our sponsor for the Social was Tamiko's, we were to make a card using her colors, pink, green and black. Here's what I created:


Once again I used my Cricut and the Create A Critter cartridge. I'm not sure you can see it, but the pink layer is actually glitter paper from Doodlebug and I love it! In case you didn't know this about me, I LOVE PIGGIES! So of course I had to use this cutie patootie! And look at her little happy face flag! It's so cute I can't stand it!!!

Before I share the projects we made, I have to show you a picture of the food we had ...



Salad, spring rolls, fried saimin (super ono!), garlic chicken, teriyaki meatballs, and deep fried mushrooms. See my dessert in the background? Man, that brownie was so fudgy!!! Mmm, good!

On to the projects. We made four things. First up, this cute treat box, using the Big Shot Pro. Such a silly looking pumpkin yeah? I love his missing teeth and his googly eyes!


Next up is this adorable panda card! It came together super quick because the panda was made using the 3M Post-it Brand Craft Paper. This paper definitely makes your Cricut projects super fast!


The last projects were a couple of gift card holders. Check out the GCH on the left - I thought the flowers were cut from a die, but it's actually a Martha Stewart punch! I gotta get me one of those ...


Hope you all enjoyed your day as much as I did! I got to meet some bloggers that I've never had the chance to meet in person, made some new friends, and also got to catch up with some old ones. Until next time, take care and I leave you with this ...

"The greatest blessing is a pleasant friend." Horace

18 comments:

  1. Hi Linda!! Wow looks like you all had a blast. The food looks so ono! And those cards and projects you all did are fantastic. Love the piggy card you made. Those colors are great together. And that flag...too cute! The gift card holders are pretty awesome, and like you, I have to have that flower punch from MS. The pumpkin treat box is too hilarious, but super cute as well. And I have to say that panda card is adorable. Shoots, gotta get that cartridge out of the package so I can create some cuteness too. MFS and have a great Sunday!! Hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like it was a lot of fun with the food and projects! too bad i was not able to go! hopefully i can go to next year's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't even see the fried saimin...I was too busy crafting so must have run out! lol. Love your create a critter. Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice to finally meet you in person!! Sorry we didn't get to talk though...next time... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I love your updated photos!! Awesome and I love these pics!! It really was a fun time at the social and can't wait to get together again!! I'm loving all of your new ventures with the music too!!
    This card is just absolutely adorable!! I love the cute pig!!
    Great seeing you today!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ho you fast eh! love the card u made for the social! so good to see you again. hope you had a good time...I sure did! can't wait to see your creations for Tamiko's! have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, it was so nice to see your comments on my blog, I do so hope you are keeping well. Youve certainly been busy creating such fabulous cards and project. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sister! Glad you had a great time. Awesome projects and the food looks so yummy. I wish I could live in Hawaii. Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog looks great! All the guys, the adorable projects -- so much fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet projects! That lil piggy is too cute! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time!
    hugs to you!, margie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing we were able to finish our projects yah? I didn't even finish my 2nd GC holder because I was having so much fun! I love your card! I wish I didn't talk so much and got over to the voting area to vote. DUH. I wanted to take photos of all the cards but lost track of time. I didn't even take photos of my card for my blog! DUH again. It was worth it though- had so much fun meeting everyone. Gotta leave the table next time though and meet more people!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! sounds like alota fun! sure wish I lived in Hawaii! great cards and projects... just love the cute piggy and panda! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww I loved this card! Was so cute with the little piggy. I bet he said "wee" all the way home, lol. So nice seeing you yesterday!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you girls know how to have a good time! The food looks delish and the projects are so fun! Your piggy card makes me smile, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that little piggy! I guess you're starting to "twist" my arm cause I may just need to get that cricut cartridge soon. Nice seeing you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so adorable! I especially love the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oink, oink! :) So darn cute Linda! It was a fantastic day spent with great food, crafts, and friends! So glad my hubby gave me some "girl" and "me" time! I needed that! :) Looking forward to our next gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo Hoo, sounds like you all had a super time together on Saturday! Cute projects and ono food! Teri is just awesome, huh. LOL, she should run for some political office, I'm sure she'd win! Love your create a critter piggy card...so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!