Friday, August 20, 2010

Lollipop Crafts Challenge #3

Wow! Second post today - is it gonna snow in Hawaii?!? Hahaha! I crack myself up ... anyhoo, Lollipop Crafts is having Challenge #3 this week and it's all about pets! Check out the details for this challenge here.

Before I get to my card, I'd like to share something with you ... my son has allergies to animals (as well as many other things) so we were never able to have a furry pet around the house. Recently his doctor said we could start exposing him to animals (and the other allergans) to get his immune system in check. So ... he just started volunteering at an animal hospital/shelter this week! He doesn't hate it ... but at least all his comments have been more positive than negative. Just today I got my tetanus shot so I can volunteer as well! Since we can't have a dog or cat in our home just yet, volunteering at the hospital/shelter is the next best thing! Don't you agree?

Ok, on to my card for the challenge. I went through my stamp collection and couldn't find a single stamp of a dog or cat that I wanted to use. So I decided to use my trusty old Cricut and the Create A Critter cartridge. Look at that little pet food bowl! So cute! I stamped the background paper with some clear stamps from a stamp set I found at Pricebusters. Hey, Kyoko, doesn't she look like your Bella?



I've had a productive day today and I feel like there's more I can create so I better hop to it! Thanks for stopping by and leaving all your wonderful and encouraging comments! I really appreciate your taking the time out to do so! Until next time, take care!

18 comments:

  1. Aw, what a wonderful way to go about it! Y'all are going to fall in love with those furry lil faces! I hope it all works out for him :)

    What a sweet lil card! I adore this lil pup and his bowl! Reminds me a bit of our pup :) She can smile like that! lol! She really does! I have pics as proof ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend, Linda!
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo, ADOR-A-BLE card, linda!! i love the pups! love the DP and the bowl is too cute! great colors! i am still waiting to buy my cricut...that's one of the carts on my wish list, hehe. thanks for sharing and have a great weekend girl! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is soooo cute....have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, Linda! This is so adorable! He is so cute! Thanks so muuch for playing along with us at Lollipop Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love your stamped background, too! Kudos to you and your son for volunteering to take care of animals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such an adorable card! i'm so happy to hear that both you and your son volunteer your time with pets. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your story is so wonderful! Love it and your card! yippee! for your son who is willing to take on his challenges! and, ouch! did the shot hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it . . . another post? What a treat Linda! Luv this card especially because of the challenge you and your son are facing. Great that you both are helping to volunteer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda!! OMG! How cute is that? Love the story about your son volunteering. What a wonderful idea to get him used to being around animals. I have got to break out this cartridge and wipe the cobwebs away from my Cricut. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cute puppy! great idea to volunteer at the animal shelter...have a good weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that you are getting Ryan used to being around animals for his allergies, this is great!! OK, I have this cartridge but never used it yet.
    Your card is just so cute and sweet!! Adorable!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a nice idea to volunteer at the animal shelter! You are the best sister. Your card is adorable. Great job. Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow girl, you're really on a creative roll! Love your stamped background, great idea. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa ... your doggie really does look like Bella! You sure are making good use of your cartridge ... unlike me! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute card! So sorry you can't have any pets. : ( I love cuddling with my kitty. THanks for playing along with Lollipop Crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comments! Have a wonderful day!